Fantasy Fudge with Pretzels
- 3 c
- 3/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 5 oz
- evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) - do not use sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz
- ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- (7 oz.) jet puffed marshmallow creme
- 1 c
- chopped planters walnuts
- 1 c
- snaps pretzels, coarsely chopped (snyder's of hanover brand)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Fantasy Fudge with Pretzels
- 1Line 9-inch square pan (or 7 x 9 inch pan) with non-stick foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 - 5 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 2Now ADD semi-sweet chocolate and marshmallow crème; stir until melted. ADD nuts, pretzels, and vanilla - mix well.
- 3POUR into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Add whole pecans on top (about 1-inch apart). This gives a nice presentation. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan before cutting into squares.
NOTE: Be sure to use the Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate brand - it really enhances the chocolate flavor.