How to Make Chip's Jerky
- FIRST You will need a dehydrator for this
SECOND Deer meat should stand for 3 to 5 days before cooking (in refrigerator) I usually do this as it is marinating. Soak whole Hind Quarter in a mixture of cold water, quart of vinegar, and a cup of salt over night (completely covered) kitchen sink
THIRD depending on how big the hind quarter is, you may have to cook two batches.
- The next day let the meat drain good and then wash with nice clean cold water. Cut, remove all white film, fat, from deer.
Use only red meat. Cut into strips, (like french fries) all have to be close to same size. 1/4 inch
- In a gallon freezer plastic bag, add the following.
1 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Bottle or 5 ounces of Teriyaki Sauce (marinade)
1/2 Cup Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
MAY NEED TWO BAGS OF THIS MIXTURE
- Put Deer Strips Into Bag with Marinade. Shake good until all meat is covered Let sit for 2 days in refrigerator.
Remove meat and put into colander to drain all excess liquid.
Then add to meat, 1/4 cup molasses (syrup will do) mix until all meat covered
lay out flat on Dehydrator until it is full. On each layer Sprinkle Good with Onion Powder and Black Pepper.
- Let dehydrate for about 15 hours or until dry. If it seems to dry add a sprinkle of water in plastic bag with Jerky. Meat should not crumble, it can get to dry, but remember if you plan on keeping it needs to be good and dry.