Hollywood Caramel Corn
- 14 c
- popped popcorn
- 2 c
- either almonds or cashews
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- butter only
- 1/3 c
- light corn syrup(karo is best)
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- with melted white chocolate ,if desired
How to Make Hollywood Caramel Corn
- 1Heat oven to 300^. Place popped corn and nuts in a large roaster.Keep the mixture warm while making the caramel sauce.
Butter a long piece of non stick foil and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat;stirring until mixture boils. Continue boiling gently without stirring for 5 more minutes.
- 3Remove from heat. Stir in the baking soda(careful this will foam up a bit) add the vanilla too.
Pour mixture in thin stream or using a large spoon, drizzle over popcorn and nuts in the roaster;stir to coat evenly. Bake 15 minutes.Stir and bake 5 minutes more.
- 4Spread caramel corn and nuts onto the buttered foil and let cool. When cool drizzle melted chocolate over if desired.
Store covered with plastic wrap;if any is left.LOL