- 4 oz
- pecans, chopped
- 4 oz
- 2 1/2 oz
- unsweetened coconut (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 oz
- sunflower seeds, unsalted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut oil, warmed in the microwave
- 1/3 c
- splenda or equivalent liquid splenda
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Coconutty Crunch Snack Mix
- 1Put nuts, coconut and sunflower kernels in a medium-large bowl. Add a sprinkle of salt and the cinnamon
- 2In a small bowl mix the coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla. (If you don't have coconut oil can use 2 tablespoons melted butter) Warm coconut oil or it will clump.
Pour over the nuts and toss to mix.
- 3Spread on a large cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- 4Cool completely before putting in an airtight container.
Store in the refrigerator.
- 5Using granular Splenda:
per ounce serving: 206 calories; 20g Fat; 4 g Protein; 5.5g Carbs; 3g Fiber; 2.5 NET CARBS
- 6with liquid Splenda:
per ounce serving: 204 Calories; 20g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbs; 3g Fiber; 2g NET CARBS