Buttery Sweet Baked Caramel Corn (Easy)
- cups popped popcorn (i use my favorite microwave brand.)
- cup butter
- cup brown sugar
- cup light corn syrup
- tsp. salt
- tsp. baking soda
- tsp. vanilla
- cup almonds, pecans or peanuts, optional
How to Make Buttery Sweet Baked Caramel Corn (Easy)
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Coat the bottom and sides of large roasting pan with butter flavored cooking spray. Place popped popcorn and nuts, if using, in roaster.
- 2In medium heavy pan, slowly melt butter. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Gently heat to a low boil, stirring constantly. Boil on lowest heat possible without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Gradually, pour over popcorn and nuts, coating evenly. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on lightly sprayed or non-stick foil. Store tightly in ziplock bags