Chifles - Fried Plantain Chips
How to Make Chifles - Fried Plantain Chips
- Cut off both ends of the plantains, and remove peel/skin. You may need to slice the peel open lengthwise with a knife. Work carefully because plantains can stain skin and clothes.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice plantains crosswise into very thin slices. about 1-2 mm.
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot (about 360 degrees), fry several slices of plantain at a time until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt to taste.