How to Make Caramel Popcorn
- Pop 3 1/2 quarts of microwave popcorn and place in a brown paper bag, and set aside.
- Boil the following for 1 minute: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of corn syrup.
- Remove from the heat and stir in baking soda. Pour immediately onto the popcorn in the bag.
- Roll the top of the bag down and shake vigorously.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Shake bag again and return to microwave for another minute and 15 seconds. Shake bag once more, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour popcorn into a metal pan or glass bowl and cool