Vegan Juice Pulp Crackers
- 8 oz
- veggie or fruit pulp...i used apple and carrot for this recipe
- 6 oz
- 1 oz
- flax / chia seeds...i used half of each to make 1 ounce
- 2 oz
- sunflower and or pumpkin seeds
- cinnamon and palm suger to taste...i added approx 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 2 tsps palm sugar
How to Make Vegan Juice Pulp Crackers
- 1After juicing save about 8 ounces of pulp for this recipe...you can use more if you like but adjust the recipe accordingly.
Weigh out your chia/ flax , sunflower and pumpkin seeds and put in a bowl. add the 6 ounces of water and pour over. Mix well. let sit for 4 hours. You’re doing two things here – you’re sprouting the seeds and nuts and you’re allowing the flax and chia seed to take on a huge amount of that water and turn into a faux egg white mixture to hold your cracker mixture together.
- 2After 4 hours mix your water/ seed mixture together with your pulp in a food processor....blend together...if it is too thick you can add a little water. Mix in your seasoning and spread it over the solid tray in your dehydrator. Dry for 6 hours at 105.Flip and dry other side if still a little "damp"
If you don't have a solid sheet for your dehydrator you can use parchment paper.
For those that have no dehydrator you can use a cookie sheet covered with parchment and bake it at 200 for 2 hours.
- 3*If you are doing all veggies you can season with soy sauce, s& p and what ever you like....experiment!!