Valley Green's Delicious Deviled Eggs
12farm fresh eggs
2 tspgulden's mustard
1 pinchsalt to taste
1 pinchpepper to taste
1 pinchcayenne pepper to taste
2 Tbspchives, finely chopped (optional)
How to Make Valley Green's Delicious Deviled Eggs
- Place eggs in single layer into a large pot. Add water until it reaches at least one inch above the tops of the eggs. Place pot on stove and turn up the heat to High.
- Bring water to a rolling boil, and then turn off the heat. Cover the pot, and let eggs sit in the hot water for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and carefully place the pot into the sink. Turn on cold water from the tap, and let it run overflowing the pot. Continue to run overflowing cold water until eggs are cool enough to handle.
- Crack eggs gently, but do not yet peel them. Replace the eggs into the cold water, and let stand in water for 1 hour.
- Remove eggs from water, peel and rinse well. Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and scoop out yolks into a bowl. Mash yolks with fork and add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix ingredients until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into egg halves and sprinkle lightly with paprika and chives (optional). Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 1 hour). Serve chilled.