THE BEST GRILLED PIZZA
Sometime in the early 90's, while trying to think of something different to cook on the grill for my 4 growing and hungry kids, I decided to grill pizzas to add a little fun to the usual pan pizza in the oven. The result was an awesome tasting pizza and 4 happy kids who never forgot about them.
- 1/2 pkg
- prepared raw, pizza dough from the bakery section of the grocery store
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 8 oz
- ricotta cheese, or ricotta low fat cheese
- 1/4 c
- alfredo sauce or marinara sauce (whichever you prefer)
- 1 c
- shredded cheese (your favorite)
- 1/2 c
- topping(s) of your choice. my favorite is mushrooms and olives
How to Make THE BEST GRILLED PIZZA
- 1Remove pizza dough from package and let sit for about 30 minutes. This makes it easier to roll out.
- 2Roll pizza dough a little bit. Make sure to dust your surface with a little flour. Don't worry about the shape, it doesn't need to be round.
- 3brush 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over one side of rolled out dough, and place oiled side down on grill. While dough is cooking, brush remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil on the top of dough. Cook until bottom is browned.
- 4Flip pizza dough over and immediately spread 8 ounces of ricotta cheese over top side of dough. Brush 1/4 cup of alfredo or marinara sauce over ricotta cheese, followed by 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- 5Sprinkle your favorite topping (cooked first if you prefer) over all ingredients on pizza. Cook until bottom is brown and cheeses begin to melt. Enjoy