Skylar's Best Biscuits
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- whole weat flour
- 1 c
- corn meal
- 1 Tbsp
- salt (i use sea salt)
- 3 Tbsp
- peanut butter (smooth)
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- egg white whipped (to coat biscuit tops)
- any shape small/medium size cookie cutter
How to Make Skylar's Best Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, corn meal, and salt. Mix in the oil, egg, and water to make a soft dough that is not too sticky. You may add more flour if needed.
- 3Knead the dough a couple of times until you get a nice consistency. I roll the dough out a small section at a time until about ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter of your choice (I use a bone shape) and press the cutter into the dough to make your cookies. Lay them out on the cookie sheet (you can keep them about ½ inch apart, they do not spread out or get bigger.
- 4Whip the “egg white only” of an egg and lightly brush the top of each cookie, this will make them shine a bit when finished.
- 5Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly browned and firm. Mine don’t really brown too much so I make sure they are firm. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- 6Watch your dogs ENJOY!!!!