Skylar's Best Biscuits
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cwhole weat flour
1 ccorn meal
1 Tbspsalt (i use sea salt)
3 Tbsppeanut butter (smooth)
1/3 cvegetable oil
1egg white whipped (to coat biscuit tops)
·any shape small/medium size cookie cutter
How to Make Skylar's Best Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, corn meal, and salt. Mix in the oil, egg, and water to make a soft dough that is not too sticky. You may add more flour if needed.
- Knead the dough a couple of times until you get a nice consistency. I roll the dough out a small section at a time until about ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter of your choice (I use a bone shape) and press the cutter into the dough to make your cookies. Lay them out on the cookie sheet (you can keep them about ½ inch apart, they do not spread out or get bigger.
- Whip the “egg white only” of an egg and lightly brush the top of each cookie, this will make them shine a bit when finished.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly browned and firm. Mine don’t really brown too much so I make sure they are firm. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Watch your dogs ENJOY!!!!