Oven-Roasted Basil Leaves
Sometime ago I saw this on Ina Garten's cooking show "The Barefoot Contessa". She referred to them as "another kind of potato chip". Just to prove that she was off her rocker, I gave it a try and loved them! They are crunchy, sweet with the perfume of basil and the sea salt is perfect.
How to Make Oven-Roasted Basil Leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Wash and dry your basil leaves. Make sure they’re really dry so they crisp instead of wilt in the oven. Use as many leaves as will fit in one layer on a baking sheet.
- 3Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the basil leaves on the sheet and sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt. Toss the leaves with your hands to make sure they’re well-covered with oil and salt.
- 4Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 5-10 minutes (until leaves turn dark green and become crispy).
- 5Gently blot/drain basil leaves with paper towel. Emphasis on gentle–when they’re nice and crispy they can crumble easily. Enjoy