No Sugar Added Fruit Leather in your oven
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 25 oz bottle
- applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- clove, ground
How to Make No Sugar Added Fruit Leather in your oven
- 1Preheat oven to 170°F.
- 2Line an 11”x17” jelly-roll pan or lipped cookie sheet with greased parchment paper (wax paper will smoke in the oven) or a silicone baking mat.
- 3Spread the puree until it’s about 1/4” thick. Pick up the pan and tilt back and forth until it’s evenly distributed.
- 4Bake in the oven for 5-8 hours. Rotate the pan halfway during the baking time to ensure even drying. Timing will vary depending on the fruit used. It’s ready when it’s smooth and non-tacky.
- 5Let it cool, then cut in strips with scissors or a pizza cutter. Stack or roll them and store in an airtight container or a zipper storage bag.
- 6Tip: Store in a cool, dry place. You can store fruit leather for up to a year in the freezer, six months in the refrigerator or a few weeks at room temperature.
- 7Spice up a can of pumpkin with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and cloves for another twist on fall-inspired fruit leather.
Puree a can of peaches or other canned fruit in the blender for a quick option that requires no washing and slicing.
To sweeten fruit leather, add a couple teaspoons, or to taste, of vanilla, brown sugar, honey or maple syrup.
Try adding herbs like lavender, basil, rosemary, mint, sage or thyme for subtle hints of extra decadent flavor – a perfect adult treat.