Nancy's Sweet and Spicy Mix
Also makes a great Homemade Christmas gift.
- 6 c
- kellogg's crispix cereal
- 1 c
- pecans unsalted
- 1 c
- pretzels (any shape)
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 stick
How to Make Nancy's Sweet and Spicy Mix
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and set aside. (You can use the butter wrapper or nonstick spray.) Or, for easier cleanup, line the pan with parchment.
- 2Pour the cereal, pecans and pretzels into a 3-quart or larger bowl or cooking pot and toss to mix.
- 3In a small saucepan, begin melting the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the brown sugar, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook at a moderate boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour at once over the cereal mix. Toss lightly to coat the mix as well as possible.
- 4Pour the cereal mix into the baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir gently, and then continue to bake 8 minutes more. Remove from the oven and allow the mix to cool to room temperature (in the pan), about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 5Keeps for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container or tin.