Little Bits Energy Bites
This is a no bake, no cook recipe and these little bites are great for a quick energy boost.
You can tailor this recipe to meet your needs.
Add some sunflower or other seeds and mix it up with the choice of nuts - salted, smoked, dry roasted or other goodies to make it your own.
If you want to add some cocoa to the mixture that is also very delicious.
There are no rules except to make sure you get the peanut butter all over every thing so it binds.
1 cquick cooking oatmeal
1/4 cgolden raisins
2 Tbspshredded coconut
3 Tbspsemi sweet miniature chocolate chips
2 Tbspchopped dates
2 Tbspchopped pecans
1/4 tspsea salt
5mini marshmallows cut into quarters
1/2 cpeanut butter - creamy or crunchy
How to Make Little Bits Energy Bites
- In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients except for the honey and peanut butter.
Blend well with a spoon.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup stir together the honey and peanut butter until well incorporated.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and mix well. You can use a spoon or your hands .. just be sure everything gets coated well with the peanut butter mixture.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a small baking sheet. Spray very lightly with cooking spray.
Take your mixture and place it on the parchment paper.
- I like to spread it into a rectangle about 1/4" thick.
Then cut it into small pieces - 1"x1" is a great size.
Pop the whole thing into the freezer for about an hour or the fridge overnight.
Place pieces into an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- I have no idea how long you can keep these in the fridge because they never last longer than a couple of days at our house !