Lemon Cucumber Pickles
5-6 mediumlemon cucumbers
1/4 mediumred onion
1 mediumserrrani chili pepper (seeded and minced) if you like it spicy
2 smallsweet bell peppers (seeded and minced) if you like it mild
1 Tbspminced ginger
1 Tbspfresh lime juice
1 qtmason jar
1 Tbspcourse sea salt
How to Make Lemon Cucumber Pickles
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a large bowl and mix with the onion, chili or sweet pepper, garlic and lime juice.
- Pack into your 1 quart mason jar.
- In another bowl add the filtered water and sea salt. Give it a good mix to dissolve the salt.
- Pour into the mason jar over the pickles. Make sure all the cucumbers and other veggies if added are covered. Leave about 1" air space above the veggies.
- Seal tightly and leave on the counter at room temperature for 3 days. Then check to see if the water is fizzy. If not leave it for a couple more days. It should ferment. If it is fizzy taste a pickle to see how it is. If you like it then you're done.
- Store in the fridge.