Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket
·all purpose flour
1 pkg(17.3 oz) puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions
1 pkg(8oz) light cream cheese, softened
3/4 cfinely shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese blend
4 cloveroasted garlic, mashed
3 slicebacon, cooked and crumbled
12medium jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 (3-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 24 squares in all.
- Stir the cream cheese, shredded sheese, garlic and bacon in a medium bowl.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- Place 1 filled pepper half diagonally, cheese-side down onto each pastry square. Fold the pastry up over the peper and press firmly to seal.
- Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture.
Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
- Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.