Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 pkg
- (17.3 oz) puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions
- 1 pkg
- (8oz) light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c
- finely shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese blend
- 4 clove
- roasted garlic, mashed
- 3 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- medium jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Set aside.
- 3Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 (3-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 24 squares in all.
- 4Stir the cream cheese, shredded sheese, garlic and bacon in a medium bowl.
- 5Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- 6Place 1 filled pepper half diagonally, cheese-side down onto each pastry square. Fold the pastry up over the peper and press firmly to seal.
- 7Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture.
Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
- 8Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.