Hearty Granola Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Yum, yum, yum! We love the flavor and versatility of these hearty bars. A terrific choice for nut lovers and avoiders alike.
(Note: This recipe does include peanut butter, so please use caution if you have a peanut sensitivity.) The Test Kitchen
1/2 cdried cranberries
1 croasted pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 ccrispy rice cereal
2/3 clight corn syrup
2 1/2 cquick cooking oats
3/4 cpacked brown sugar
3/4 ccrunchy peanut butter
How to Make Hearty Granola Bars
- Mix cereal, oats, cranberries, raisins and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat just until boiling then remove from the heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal mix and stir until well combined.
- Press into the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Allow to cool and cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter.