Hearty Granola Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Yum, yum, yum! We love the flavor and versatility of these hearty bars. A terrific choice for nut lovers and avoiders alike.
(Note: This recipe does include peanut butter, so please use caution if you have a peanut sensitivity.) The Test Kitchen
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 c
- crispy rice cereal
- 2/3 c
- light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 c
- quick cooking oats
- 3/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp
How to Make Hearty Granola Bars
- 1Mix cereal, oats, cranberries, raisins and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- 2Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Heat just until boiling then remove from the heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- 5Pour mixture over cereal mix and stir until well combined.
- 6Press into the pan using the back of a spoon.
- 7Allow to cool and cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter.