Granola Bars - cherry/chocolate
2 1/2 cold fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cdried cherries, coarsely chopped
1/4 cdark chocolate chips
How to Make Granola Bars - cherry/chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°
- Line bottom of a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Then lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spay.
- Place oats on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl.
- While oats are toasting, combine butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt on a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter melts and sugar is melted. Stir occasionally. Pour butter mixture over the toasted oats.
- Add chopped cherries. Using a silicon spatula, mix well.
- Cool for 15 minutes then add chocolate. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Using spatula firmly press into the pan until mixture is in a uniform layer.
- If desired, scatter a few extra tablespoons of chocolate over granola and use spatula to gently press them into granola so they stick.
- Place pan in refrigerator and chill for about 2 hours.
- After granola has cooled completely, lift out of pan using parchment paper as handles and cut into squares/bites.
- Place in container separated by parchment paper or in single layer in baggie.