GRANDMA'S SWEET PICKLES
7 lbthinly sliced cucumbers
2 cpickling lime
8 cdistilled white vinegar
1 tspwhole cloves
1 tspcelery seed
1 tspmixed pickling spice
How to Make GRANDMA'S SWEET PICKLES
- Soak cucumbers in water and lime for 24 hours.
- Wash in clean water and soak in fresh water for 3 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients add cucumbers and soak overnight.
- Boil pickles in soaking liquid until pickles are clear about 1 1/2 hour.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, seal. Process in hot water bath for 5 minutes. Makes 7 pints.