Domatokeftedes - Greek Tomato Fritters
This delicious and easy-to-make Greek summer snack is a specialty from the island of Santorini and is especially tasty with Santorini tomatoes.
This dish may be eaten as a side dish or a meze and are especially delightful with tzatziki and Greek salad.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 1⁄2 kg ripe tomatoes
·1 large onion, finely chopped
·2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
·300 g flour
·salt and pepper
·oil (for frying)
How to Make Domatokeftedes - Greek Tomato Fritters
- Remove the skin, seeds and liquid from the tomatoes and finely chop them.
- Then place them in a colander and drain any remaining liquid.
- Put them in a bowl and add the onion, mint, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Now add the flour – the mixture above should be approx 800g in total, for which 300g flour is enough, but if it should be more than 800g, you can add a bit more flour. Make sure to mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and then add spoonfuls of the mixture to fry. When one side is done, turn over.
- Remove and place on paper towel to drain, serve and enjoy!