Cracked Black Pepper Venison Jerky
- pounds sliced venison. mine came out just right. not to thin and not too thick. make sure they are all the same thickness or as close as you can get so get done at the same time. next time i might partially freeze the meat before slicing.
- 1 c
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- canning salt
- 3 Tbsp
- fine grind black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- mortons tender quick curing mix
How to Make Cracked Black Pepper Venison Jerky
- 1Combine the marinade with the meat.
allow to marinate for 24 hours.
- 2Remove from fridge and place the strips on paper towels.
Gently squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the meat
- 3Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- 5LEAVING THE DOOR OPEN SLIGHTLY (for air circulation and to let moisture escape) cook the strips for 4 to 6 hours until they are thoroughly dry but not brittle or mushy.
when you bend the meat it should seperate but not break.
- 6Store in airtight container or resealable bags!!! ENJOY!!
You can also make this jerky in your dehydrator. following the manufacture directions