- 8 c
- rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 c
- vanilla baking chips or other flavor of your choice
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- orange zest or lemon or lime
- 1 tsp
- orange extract or other
- 1 c
- powdered sugar, for dusting snack
How to Make Cereal Snack
- 1Place cereal in large roaster or a large bowl, set aside.
Melt chips,in microwave safe bowl with butter, cream and orange zest at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth and creamy. Stir in extract.
- 2Pour mixture evenly over Chex or other cereal of choice, and mix gently with buttered spatula until well coated.
- 3Place mixture into a 2 gallon size Ziploc bag, add powdered sugar; seal bag.
Shake bag until cereal is evenly coated, if desired.
- 4Or if desired, skip the powdered sugar step and put mixture in a preheated 275^ oven and bake 20 minutes, stirring 1/2 way through baking. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.