Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Applesauce
3 mediumgala apples
3 mediumfuji apples
3 largegranny smith apples
1 tspground cinnamon
5 tspbrown sugar, lightly packed (either dark or light will work)
1 tspfresh lemon/lime juice
1rind from the lemon/lime
How to Make Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Applesauce
- Wash and peel the skin off of all the apples.
- Use an apple corer or slice apples and remove core by hand, then chop apples up into bite size pieces.
- Add all of the chopped apples to the crockpot (should fill to the top)
- Pour the fresh juice over the apples then sprinkle the cinnamon and the brown sugar over the apples. Give a little stir with a spoon. Place lemon rind on top of the apples and cover with lid.
- Cook apples on high heat for approximately six hours, stirring at least once every hour.
(Note: make sure lemon rind stays on the top so it doesn't burn. It will give off a very bitter taste)
- Apples will begin to bread down on their own after about 4 hours. Depending on the consistency that you like, use hand masher for a chunkier texture, a hand blender for a smoother texture.