11 Proven Health Benefits of Quinoa
I found this information on the web site AuthorityNutrition.
I hope this information is helpful to everyone.
How to Make 11 Proven Health Benefits of Quinoa
- Quinoa is Incredibly Nutritious.
Quinoa is a grain crop that is grown for its edible seeds. It is pronounced KEEN-wah.
It is loaded with protein, fiber and minerals, but doesn’t contain any gluten There are three main types of quinoa… white, red and black.
- 2.Quinoa Contains Potent Bioactive Substances Called Quercetin and Kaempferol.
The health effects of real foods go way beyond the vitamins and minerals we’re all familiar with.
There are thousands of trace nutrients in there… and some of them are extremely healthy.
This includes interesting molecules called flavonoids, which are plant antioxidants that have been shown to have all sorts of beneficial effects on health.
Two flavonoids that have been particularly well studied are Quercetin and Kaempferol… and they happen to be found in large amounts in Quinoa (5).
In fact, the quercetin content of quinoa is even higher than typical high-quercetin foods like cranberries
- It is Very High in Fiber… Much Higher Than Most Grains.
- Quinoa is Gluten Free and Perfect For People With Gluten Intolerance. Bottom Line: Quinoa is naturally free of gluten and using it instead of typical gluten-free ingredients can increase the antioxidant and nutrient value of a gluten-free diet.
- 5. Quinoa is Very High in Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids That we Need. Quinoa is high in protein compared to most plant foods and contains all the essential amino acids that we need.
- Quinoa Has a Low Glycemic Index.The glycemic index is a measure of how quickly foods raise blood sugar levels.
- It is High in Minerals That Most People Don’t Get Enough of, Especially Magnesium.Quinoa is very high in minerals, but the phytic acid can partly prevent them from being absorbed. Soaking or sprouting quinoa degrades most of the phytic acid.
- Quinoa May Have Some Major Benefits For Metabolic Health.Two studies, one in humans and the other in rats, show that quinoa can improve metabolic health. This includes lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels.
- Quinoa is Loaded With Antioxidants.Antioxidants are substances that neutralize free radicals and are believed to help fight ageing and many diseases.
- :o) Quinoa Has Several Important Characteristics That Make it a Weight Loss Friendly Food.
Quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index. These properties have all been linked to weight loss and improved health.
- Quinoa is Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet.
It is the fact that quinoa is very easy to incorporate into your diet.
Depending on the type of quinoa, it can be important to rinse it with water in order to get rid of saponins, which are found on the outer layer and can have a bitter flavor.
However, some brands have already been rinsed, so this may not be necessary.
You can buy quinoa in most health food stores and many supermarkets.
Quinoa can be ready to eat in as little as 15-20 minutes:
Put 2 cups of water in a pot, turn up the heat.
Add 1 cup of raw quinoa, with a dash of salt.
Boil for 15-20 minutes.
It should now have absorbed most of the water and gotten a fluffy look. If done right, it should have a mild, nutty flavour and a satisfying crunch.
Then there are dozens of other delicious ways to use quinoa.