★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 to 1 1/2 lbraw almonds (or pecans, peanuts or mixed nuts)
1 Tbspchili powder
2 tspcayenne pepper
2 Tbspgarlic powder
How to Make Spicy Almonds
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg white and water until foamy.
- Add almonds and stir until all coated.
- In another bowl, mix all spices. Add almonds and stir to coat.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Place almonds on a baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 1 hour, stirring and re-layering the nuts every 15 minutes.
- Loosen the almonds with spatula but leave on the baking sheet until cool.
- Store in airtight container.