Cheese Bites from "Fix,Freeze, Feast"
Kitsune says,"These are ridiculously addictive appetizers,
I brought them to a party and everyone attacked them." These are from the cookbook "Fix, Freeze, Feast", by Katie Neville and Lindsey Tkacsik.
"You can make these ahead of time, freeze and bake what you need. Keep on hand all the time", says Kitsume.
- 2 lb
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 5 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper, more or less
- 8 oz
- jar of small pimento-stuffed green olives, well drained, optional
- pecan halves , optional
How to Make Cheese Bites from "Fix,Freeze, Feast"
- 1Combine all ingredients, except olives and pecans, in a large bowl. Knead the dough, then roll in 1 inch balls and place on an un-greased baking sheet.
- 2If using olives, form each ball around 1 dry olive.
If using pecans, press 1 nut into each ball.
- 3These can be baked now or freeze for later.
Place in trays in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and place in freezer bags or containers. Seal and freeze.
- 4These can be baked straight from the freezer into a preheated 425^ oven.
Place cheese balls 3 inches apart on an un-greased baking sheet.
Bake 15-17 minutes if frozen-13-15 minutes if thawed.