BOURBON BALLS ALA SALLYE
1 boxvanilla wafers (approx 12 oz)
1-1/2 cchopped nuts
3/4 cconfectioners sugar
1/4 cpowder cocoa
2 Tbsplight corn syrup
·confection sugar to roll balls in
How to Make BOURBON BALLS ALA SALLYE
- Place vanilla wafers in freezer bag. Crush with meat mallet until no large pieces are left. (The smaller the crumbs, the better).
Alternate: process in blender or food processor.
- Place sugar, cocoa and nuts in large mixing bowl and stir well with wooden spoon to coat nuts.
- Add vanilla wafer crumbs to nut mixture and mix/
- Add syrup and bourbon to mix and stir with wooden spoon to mix well
Once well blended, let set for about 10 minutes for bourbon and syrup to be absorbed.
- Pinch off about a 1" ball of dough and roll between palms of your hands until firm and round.
(Dough will be slightly sticky)
- Roll ball in confectioners sugar and place on parchment sheet lined cookie sheet
Let stand for about 15 minutes, then store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Note: These are better if stored for about 15 days before serving.