Savory Potato and Rice Crackers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cboiled,peeled and mashed potato
1/4 cbrown rice flour
1/4 tspcoarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tspcumin seeds
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Savory Potato and Rice Crackers
- Mash the potato.
- Add oil if using and mix it in.
- Mix rice flour, salt, spices, baking powder and add to the potato and mix it into a crumbly mixture.
- Add a teaspoon of water at a time to make a soft dough. I needed only 2 teaspoons.
Water needed will depend on the moisture content of the potato and flour used.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on parchment and press a bit with your hand.
- Dust brown rice flour on top and roll it out with "light" pressure into as thin as possible. (Keep dusting more flour to avoid dough sticking to the rolling pin and breaking apart).
- Cut the rolled out dough using pizza cutter into squares or diamonds.
- Use a fork to prick a few holes in the dough.
Place parchment on baking sheet and Bake in preheated 370 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Take the crackers out, break them apart and bake for another 8-10 minutes until crisp to touch.
Cool and store in airtight container.