Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)
1 cgolden flax seeds (soaked 2 hours in filtered water)
8 largesun-dried tomatoes (soaked 1/2 hour in filtered water mixed with tamari or shoyu)
1/3 largebell pepper
1 Tbspolive oil
2 largepaste tomatoes (raw and chopped)
1 mediumred onion, (chopped)
1 largegarlic clove (pressed)
1/4 cdried herbs (your choice)
·salt and pepper
·paprika or cayenne to taste
How to Make Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)
- NOTE: The flax seeds, once soaked should be very gooey in texture, that's exactly how they should be.
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT the flax seeds into a food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and on low add the flax seed until well mixed. You want the flax seeds in tact.
- Using an off-set spatula spread a large scoop of the mixture onto a teflex sheet. The mixture should be about 1/8-1/4" thick. Not to thick or thin. If it's too thin it will crumble, if it's too thick it will take a long time to dry, so try to get it fairly close to the suggested dimensions.
- Once you've used up all the mixture dry at 110'F for 8 hours. If the crackers aren't dry enough flip them over and dry for an additional 6-8 hours. You should open the dehydrator at the 6 hour mark and test them. If the gooeyness is gone then they are ready.
- I leave mine in a big bowl on the counter so we can sample them all the time. They are so good and good for you too.