Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)
- 1 c
- golden flax seeds (soaked 2 hours in filtered water)
- 8 large
- sun-dried tomatoes (soaked 1/2 hour in filtered water mixed with tamari or shoyu)
- 1/3 large
- bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- 2 large
- paste tomatoes (raw and chopped)
- 1 medium
- red onion, (chopped)
- 1 large
- garlic clove (pressed)
- 1/4 c
- dried herbs (your choice)
- salt and pepper
- paprika or cayenne to taste
How to Make Raw Flax-Tomato Crackers (Dehydrated)
- 1NOTE: The flax seeds, once soaked should be very gooey in texture, that's exactly how they should be.
- 2Put all the ingredients EXCEPT the flax seeds into a food processor.
- 3Process until well combined.
- 4Remove the mixture from the food processor and on low add the flax seed until well mixed. You want the flax seeds in tact.
- 5Using an off-set spatula spread a large scoop of the mixture onto a teflex sheet. The mixture should be about 1/8-1/4" thick. Not to thick or thin. If it's too thin it will crumble, if it's too thick it will take a long time to dry, so try to get it fairly close to the suggested dimensions.
- 6Once you've used up all the mixture dry at 110'F for 8 hours. If the crackers aren't dry enough flip them over and dry for an additional 6-8 hours. You should open the dehydrator at the 6 hour mark and test them. If the gooeyness is gone then they are ready.
- 7I leave mine in a big bowl on the counter so we can sample them all the time. They are so good and good for you too.