Low Calorie, Gluten-Free Roasted Onion Dip
- 2 large
- vidallia or other sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt, divided
- whole garlic head
- 1/3 c
- reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 c
- chopped freah parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice from a lemon
How to Make Low Calorie, Gluten-Free Roasted Onion Dip
- 1Preheat your oven to 425
- 2Place onions in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and toss to coat.
- 3Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate cloves).
- 4Wrap in foil and place onions on a baking sheet.
- 5Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven,unwrap and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 6Chop onions and separate garlic cloves and squeese to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- 7Cover and chill in your refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 8Remove from frigerator and place dip in center of serving platter with mixed fresh vegetables. and gluten free rice crackers