Joy's Oyster Crackers-Homemade
This is her wonderful recipe- I could not resist in sharing it with you all. These crackers are so good and flavorful you can't just eat one handfull.
I love oyster crackers- and with this recipe you can make the crackers as big or small as you want. I like to use a shot glass size. First fill shot glass with your favorite drink and then drink,now you are ready to roll out the first batch. Repeat until all 4 batches are cut out and the bottle is empty! Enjoy.
How to Make Joy's Oyster Crackers-Homemade
- 1Preheat oven to 375^. Spray a jelly roll sheet or cover with parchment paper; set aside.
Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor. Add butter chunks and pulse quickly, until it looks like coarse meal. Add the milk and process 3 seconds.
- 2Remove to floured surface, knead 10 seconds-flatten slightly and wrap in plastic wrap. and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- 3Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces, and working with one piece at a time(keep remaining pieces chilled),roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thickness and sprinkle with salt,if using.
- 4Using a fork, poke the dough all over. Cut with your favorite small cutter, doughnut hole, or shot glass to the size desired.
- 5Place the cut outs on the baking pan and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or just until light brown. Store in airtight container when COMPLETELY cool.