★★★★★ 1 vote5
How to Make Hummus
- Bring chick pees to a boil until they are super soft.
- Place them in a blender with a tea spoon of lemon
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Blend them together until they are whipped
- Add cumin to taste
- Add ceyenne (about 1 or 2 tea spoons)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Whip everything together, until it is totally soft.
- Add Tahini (about a table spoon)
- Use a whisk or fork to whip everything together, by turning the mixture over and over until it is totally blended and looks whipped
- Add olive oil (1 or 2 teaspoons)
- Add black olives to garnish
- Let stand for about 15 minutes (tastes will all blend in)
- Use pita bread to eat the humus...enjoy!!
- For extra zesty taste add a little dill or dry parsley