★★★★★ 1 vote5
How to Make Hummus
- 1Bring chick pees to a boil until they are super soft.
- 2Place them in a blender with a tea spoon of lemon
- 3Add 1/2 cup of water.
- 4Blend them together until they are whipped
- 5Add cumin to taste
- 6Add ceyenne (about 1 or 2 tea spoons)
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste
- 8Whip everything together, until it is totally soft.
- 9Add Tahini (about a table spoon)
- 10Use a whisk or fork to whip everything together, by turning the mixture over and over until it is totally blended and looks whipped
- 11Add olive oil (1 or 2 teaspoons)
- 12Add black olives to garnish
- 13Let stand for about 15 minutes (tastes will all blend in)
- 14Use pita bread to eat the humus...enjoy!!
- 15For extra zesty taste add a little dill or dry parsley