Classy Crackers- Easy-Cheap- Elegant
How to Make Classy Crackers- Easy-Cheap- Elegant
- Mix dry ingredients together using the low amount of flour. Add the warm water and cooled butter. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough is too stiff to stir.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead until smooth and the surface feels like satin. Add more flour if needed to reach this point.
- Spray the inside of a gallon plastic bag with baking spray. Place dough inside and refrigerate over night.
- The next day roll out gulf ball size pieces on a floured board. Roll very thin. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds and coarse salt. Roll in to adhere.
- Bake each sheet alone on a parchment covered baking sheet until lightly brown and crisp, 10-15 minutes at 350 degree
- Note: Can use granulated toasted onion, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper as additives to the dough. All are good.
- Store in an air tight 2 1/2 gallon bag for up to 10 days. You will need to break into sizes that will fit in storage.
- Serve sheets whole standing upright in a cracker stand.
or use a napkin holder. Cracker holders are easy to make , look at the picture these are in.