Blue Ribbon Recipe
Don't let the name scare you from trying this delicious dip. We loved all the yummy layers. Catie is right, cooking all the ingredients together really helps the flavors meld together. It's a fiesta of flavors in your mouth. We used pinto refried beans with ours but can't wait to try it with black beans next time. Yum! The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- ground round; browned and drained (sometimes I add a chopped onion to burger cooking prior to adding mix)
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 can(s)
- refried beans (no lard); or choose your favorite pinto or black
- 2 jar(s)
- salsa, hot or mild or one of each; 16 oz.
- 12 oz
- cheddar cheese; shredded
- As desired
- sour cream, olives, green onion, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, jalapenos
How to Make Tarantula Dip
- 6Repeat layer of beans for each dish. Repeat layer of salsa - one hot, one mild. Repeat cheese layer. Repeat layer with remaining the seasoned ground beef.
- 10Vegetarian Version: Use any of the ground beef substitutes, that works best. You can use a veggie can of chili, but that is not as good as using Crumbles to make the 'beef" layer.
- 11Gluten Free: There are taco seasoning mixes that do not have gluten in them. Also, you can create a seasoning combo that will mimic the same with a slight thickener. Will post a recipe for that soon.