Roasted Corn with Cumin Guacamole
1 tspground cumin
2ears of corn, husked, cleaned and grilled
1 tspolive oil to brush on corn before grilling
1 mediumjalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
1 clovegarlic, finely minced
2 Tbspflat leaf parsely, chopped
2 Tbspred onion, finely chopped
1 tspred pepper flakes
1 smalltomato, seeded and chopped
2 Tbspsour cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Roasted Corn with Cumin Guacamole
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush corn with olive oil and place on grill.
Turn every 3 to 4 minutes. Let a few kernels on each side become slightly charred. Remove from gill and allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Mix in red onion, garlic, parsley, jalapeno and tomato.
- Lightly toss in corn. Mix in sour cream; 1 tablespoon at a time to get desired consistancy.
- I served it with red and yellow bell peppers, jicama, sliced radishes and tortilla chips. But any of your favorite dippers would be fine.