Easy Nachos for Diabetics
- 6 inch flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 oz
- lean ground turkey
- 2/3 c
- salsa (mild or medium)
- 2 Tbsp
- slice green onion
- 1/2 c
- ( 2 oz ) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
How to Make Easy Nachos for Diabetics
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges; lightly spray one side of wedges with cooking spray. Place on ungrased baking sheet. Bake 5-9 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- 2Meanwhile, brown turkey meat in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain off the fat. Stir in salsa, cook until hot.
- 3Spoon turkey mixture over tortilla wedges, Sprinkle with onions, Top with cheese. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 4This is made for diabetics but you can use ground beef, and real cheddar cheese for non-diabetic snack. ( 8 nachos ) has 209 calories