Zucchini Veggie Melange
Cooking of optional rice, is done ahead, and is not counted in cooking time. If using instant rice, you could do it, while prepping vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 2 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 3 medium
- zucchini, sliced
- 1 large
- bell pepper, of any color, seeded and sliced
- ripe tomatoes, peeled and quartered or 1 can (16 oz.) of tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp
- * * * * * * *
- *1- 2 cups cooked rice, any kind (optional)
- *if you would like any liquid, in this dish, add some vegetable broth or tomato juice
How to Make Zucchini Veggie Melange
- 1If using rice, cook ahead of time, remove from heat, and leave covered, so as not to dry out rice. If using instant rice, you could do it, while prepping vegetables.
- 2Heat oil in medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 5 mins. Add remaining ingredients including liquid, if using; cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cooked rice; add more liquid, if needed, if you are using a liquid. Cook 5 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender.
- 3Makes 4 servings. Each serving about 80 calories, without rice and broth or juice.