Zucchini Parmesean Crisps
2 lbzucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cshredded parmesan (heaping)
1/4 cpanko breadcrumbs (heaping)
1 Tbspolive oil
1/4 tspkosher salt
·freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make Zucchini Parmesean Crisps
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil that has been crumpled and spread back out and spray lightly with vegetable spray.
- Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
- In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
- Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.
- Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is.)