10 smallzucchini's, cut into thin slices
·grape seed oil
TOMATO SAUCE INGREDIENTS
24 oztomato puree
1 smallonion, sliced thinly
1 clovegarlic, chopped finely
10black olives, sliced
1 tspblack peppercorns, crushed
How to Make Qarabaghli biz-Zalza
- In a large pan, roast the peppercorns without oil until you smell a nice aroma and set them aside.
- Heat a splash of grape seed oil in a pan. Sauté the zucchini till golden brown and soft, set aside.
- Add another splash of grape seed oil in a pan and sauté the onion for a few minutes till soft and golden, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, cover with a lid and simmer for 45 minutes, add a bit of water if the sauce gets too dry.
- Add the capers, olives and roasted peppercorns and season with salt to taste.
- Zucchini and sauce and be served separately or together. Also can be served either hot or cold.