- long narrow plum tomatoes
- 4 small
- firm zucchini about 6 inches long
- 4 clove
- garlic peeled
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- herbs de provence (mix of basil, fennel, lavender, marjoram, summer savory and thyme)
How to Make Zucchini Fans
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
Wash tomatoes and cut each of them lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices leaving slices attached at the stem end so they can be opened like a fan. Each zucchini should have 4 slits.
- 2Arrange zucchini side by side in lightly oiled roasting pan with enough space between to fan them out. Slide a slice of tomato into each each slit and press down firmly on zucchini to create a fan with alternating segments of zucchini and tomato.
- 3Cut each garlic clove lengthwise into 8 thin slices; slide slices into fans alongside tomato slices. Brush entire surface of fans with oil, and sprinkle salt, pepper and herbes de Provence on top.
- 4Bake 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and fans are nicely browned on top. Using large spatula, transfer fans to 4 plates. Serve immediately.