Zucchini Crescent Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one flavorful casserole! The herb cheese spread, seasoning, vegetables and even the crescent rolls all together made this a tasty dish. And it's pretty easy to whip up too! The Test Kitchen
4-5 mediumzucchini - thinly sliced
2 clovegarlic - chopped
1 conions- chopped
2 Tbspparsley flakes
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspbasil leaves
1/4 tsporegano, dried
2 cmozzarella cheese
8 ozrondele garlic & herb cheese spread
2 mediumtomatoes (fresh) sliced
2 can(s)pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 tspyellow mustard
How to Make Zucchini Crescent Casserole
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet, add olive oil, heat to medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, onions and garlic; cook stirring occasionally until tender. Add parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese and the Rondele cheese spread. Mix well.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 12x8 glass baking dish; press over bottom and up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spread mustard over crust. Place 1/2 of the vegetable mixture over mustard. Place tomatoes on top of vegetable mixture. Now place 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the tomatoes. REPEAT this step for the remaining veggies and chesse mixtures.
- End up with the zucchini mixture on top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top and bake just until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.