Zucchini Bacon Side
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4-5 largezucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 largeonion, roughly chopped
2red or green sweet peppers, chopped (optional)
5ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 lbbacon, diced
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Zucchini Bacon Side
- In a 5 quart dutch oven fry diced bacon until crispy and brown. Remove from pan.
- Drain any unwanted bacon grease from pan. Leave a little to cook onion and peppers.
- Saute onions and peppers until tender.
- Add Zucchini, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Add tomatos and cook anther 5 minutes. Add Bacon and season to taste.