Zucchini Bacon Side
- 4-5 large
- zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large
- onion, roughly chopped
- red or green sweet peppers, chopped (optional)
- ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb
- bacon, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Zucchini Bacon Side
- 1In a 5 quart dutch oven fry diced bacon until crispy and brown. Remove from pan.
- 2Drain any unwanted bacon grease from pan. Leave a little to cook onion and peppers.
- 3Saute onions and peppers until tender.
- 4Add Zucchini, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- 5Add tomatos and cook anther 5 minutes. Add Bacon and season to taste.