Zucchini and Squash Au Gratin
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Squash is hard to dislike... and with this recipe, it's near impossible! The freshness of the zucchini is accented (not hidden) by the addition of cream and cheese... yummers! The Test Kitchen
1 largezucchini, sliced
1 largeyellow squash, sliced
2 mediumshallots, minced
1 tspgarlic (fresh or jar)
1/2 cheavy cream
·shredded cheese, just a handful to sprinkle
·salt and pepper, to taste
·sprinkle of oregano
·Parmesan cheese, to taste
How to Make Zucchini and Squash Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute shallots and garlic in the butter. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- Add zucchini, squash and heavy cream. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with a little more Parmesan and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and golden brown on top.