Zucchini and Squash Au Gratin
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Squash is hard to dislike... and with this recipe, it's near impossible! The freshness of the zucchini is accented (not hidden) by the addition of cream and cheese... yummers! The Test Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 large
- 1 large
- 2 medium
- shallots, minced
- 1 tsp
- garlic (fresh or jar)
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- shredded cheese, just a handful to sprinkle
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of oregano
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
How to Make Zucchini and Squash Au Gratin
- 1Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet saute your shallots and garlic in your butter. Cook until shallots are translucent.
- 3Add your zucchini, squash and heavy cream. Add your salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- 4Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- 5Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with a little more parmesan and your shredded cheese.
- 6Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and golden brown on top.