Zelda's Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
- 1 medium
- spagthetti squash [2 1/2 pounds] cut lengthwise in half and seeded.
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 clove
- garlic clove; finely chopped
- 1 can(s)
- [28oz]tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Zelda's Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash, cut side down,in jelly roll pan pour 1/4 inch water into pan. Bake 45 minutes. Turn squash, cut side up, and bake until very tender., about 15 minutes longer.
- 2Meanwhile, in nonstick 12 inch skillet, melt 2 tqblespoons butter on medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring one minute.Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and cook, stirring,until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- 3Using two forks, fron squash, scrape out pulp in long strands and place on serving platter. Add remaining 1 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, toss to mix. Spoon sauce over squash. Serve hot.