This is just a delicious sauce on these onions. I added quite a few things to the original recipe to give it just the right taste.
1 lbbag frozen pearl onions
1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cwhole milk or cream
3 Tbspparmesean cheese, divided
6 ozcream cheese
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 tsphot sauce
1 tspworchestershire sauce
1/2 csliced almonds
How to Make Yum Yuns
- Cover pearl onions and cook in microwave to package directions.
- While onions cook, make sauce.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan, add flour and cook just a minute.
- Add milk, stirring constantly just a little at a time until mixture is smooth, add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese melts.
- Add 2 tablespoons parmesean cheese, mustard, nutmeg, hot sauce, and worcestershire sauce.
- Drain onions, and add to cream mixture.
- Grease a cassserole, pour in onion mixture, sprinkle on the reserved 1 tablespoon parmesean cheese and the almonds.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for an hour or until browned and bubbly