I used the Zucchini Bread base that Sharon Richards has posted. I tried it and I really liked it and the bread is so moist.
I changed up the oil for applesauce and added
1 1/2 cup of zucchini and added 1 1/2 cup of yams. I used less sugar than Sharons recipe called for because of the yams and the applesauce.
Adding raisins would have been a big plus, but the nuts really offset the sweetness and made the texture more interesting.
How to Make Yamini Bread
- 1Preheat Oven at 350 degrees and grease two bread pans. Sift together the first 5 ingredients(all the dry). Set a side
- 2Open can of yams and mash them with a potato masher or a fork. Peel and grate zucchini.
- 3Combine the applesauce eggs vanilla, then add the zucchini and yams so everything is incorporated. Add the flour mixture that you sifted and combine well.
- 4Add walnuts and spoon into bread pans and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5Let cool for about 30 minutes and run a knife around the edge of the pan to release it.