Watermelon Summer Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Loved the refreshing taste of the salad! Watermelon is such a cooling treat on a hot summer day... and it's even better when combined with these other flavors. Yummers! The Test Kitchen
- large cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 c
- watermelon, cut into small size chunks
- large tomatoes, cut into small size chunks (same size as the watermelon)
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- red wine vinaigrette dressing
- 1 pinch
- sea salt (large)
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/3 to 1/2 c
- feta cheese (tomato and basil flavored)
How to Make Watermelon Summer Salad
- 1Peel cucumber and slice in thin slices. Place in a bowl with tight fitting lid. Add vinegar and olive oil. Stir until combined. Add a couple dashes of pepper. Close lid and shake bowl to distribute mixture and pepper. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2The next day - Cut watermelon and tomatoes into small chunks. Place in large bowl.
- 3With slotted spoon, strain cucumber from vinegar mixture onto cutting board. Discard vinegar mixture.
- 4Cut cucumber slices in half and add to watermelon bowl.
- 5Sprinkle sea salt and sugar over watermelon mixture; mix until well combined.
- 6Add dressing and a couple dashes of black pepper; stir until combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 730 minutes before serving, stir in feta cheese.