Watermelon Summer Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Loved the refreshing taste of the salad! Watermelon is such a cooling treat on a hot summer day... and it's even better when combined with these other flavors. Yummers! The Test Kitchen
1large cucumber, sliced
1/4 capple cider vinegar
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
3 cwatermelon, cut into small size chunks
3large tomatoes, cut into small size chunks (same size as the watermelon)
1/4 to 1/3 cred wine vinaigrette dressing
1 pinchsea salt (large)
1/3 to 1/2 cfeta cheese (tomato and basil flavored)
How to Make Watermelon Summer Salad
- Peel cucumber and slice in thin slices. Place in a bowl with tight fitting lid. Add vinegar and olive oil. Stir until combined. Add a couple dashes of pepper. Close lid and shake bowl to distribute mixture and pepper. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day - Cut watermelon and tomatoes into small chunks. Place in large bowl.
- With slotted spoon, strain cucumber from vinegar mixture onto cutting board. Discard vinegar mixture.
- Cut cucumber slices in half and add to watermelon bowl.
- Sprinkle sea salt and sugar over watermelon mixture; mix until well combined.
- Add dressing and a couple dashes of black pepper; stir until combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir in feta cheese.