Warm White Bean Salad
3.8 grms fat
6.3 grams protein
23. grms carb
5.4 grams fiber
(PS .. Photo is not mine but extremely close to how it looks)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 small
- red onion, diced
- 2 medium
- carrots, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, ribs & seeds removed & diced
- garlic clove, slivered
- 1 can(s)
- cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp
- grated lemon zest & 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
How to Make Warm White Bean Salad
- 1Heat oil in sm saucepan over med heat. Add onion & carrots & cook stirring frequently, until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add bell pepper & garlic & cook while stirring until pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in beans, lemon zest, & 1 cup water. Season w/salt & pepper & bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover & cook until beans have absorbed most of the liquid, about 10 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice (fresh real lemon juice is very important in this recipe), & season again w/salt & pepper.