1 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumyellow onion
1 tspminced garlic
1 mediumyellow squash
1 tspdried thyme
pinchsalt and pepper (to taste)
1 cshredded italian cheese
How to Make Vegetable Tian
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (180C) Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8x8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish.
- Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.